COVID-19 Vaccine is now available for all Florida Residents 18 years of age and older
On April 5th, Florida Health website announced that all Florida residents 18 years of age and older are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine as prescribed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
In this sense, the Pfizer vaccine is authorized for persons age 16 and up, and the Moderna is authorized for persons 18 and up. Regarding the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine, CDC and FDA recommended a pause in its use on April 13. All individuals under the age of 18 receiving a vaccine must be accompanied by a guardian and complete the COVID-19 vaccine screening and consent form.
Whether you are planning to receive your first vaccine, or still wondering about it, there are a few recommendations you need to consider:
- Find out how to get a COVID-19 vaccine since most vaccination sites require appointments.
- Don’t plan to get a COVID-19 vaccine at the same time as other vaccines. More info here.
- Contact your primary care physician, If you have an underlying condition or concerns about getting vaccinated.
- If there are still questions, schedule an appointment with our doctors before getting an appointment.
Find COVID-19 vaccine near you
To get an appointment for COVID-19 Vaccines in Florida, you can look for vaccination providers near you:
- Visit VaccineFinder.org to find vaccination providers in your area.
- Check your local pharmacy’s website to see if vaccine appointments are available. To find out which pharmacies are participating in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.
- Visit the Florida department of health to find additional vaccination locations in your area or fill out this pre-registration form to be notified when it’s available for you.
At Amicus Medical Centers, we thank you for placing your trust in our Clinicians.